You won’t want to miss this special crossover episode with another fantastic team from the Stage 29 podcast family. On this episode of Supercharged Life, Dr. Judy shares the hilarious, personal, and uncensored conversation she had with Gretchen Christine Rossi and Slade Smiley on their hugely popular and always unpredictable podcast Knot Too Taboo.
Dr. Judy talks to Gretchen and Slade all about her life-changing book “Stop Self-Sabotage” and the three get up close and personal about how self-sabotage affects everyone – despite our best intentions, each sharing examples from their lives. They discuss how L.I.F.E. happens and take Dr. Judy’s quiz (available for free at https://www.drjudyho.com/stopselfsabotageactivities). Dr. Judy explains how this acronym helps you to unearth the underlying factors that lead you to self-sabotage, and how you can change unproductive patterns today with this profound knowledge.
Dr Judy explains why it is important to confront the parts of yourself that you don’t like, why that’s not all that scary, and how simple behavioral changes can lead you to success and fulfillment. She teaches one simple tip to help you develop more awareness of unhealthy thought patterns and offers scientific, concrete techniques including if then/statements, value identification, and the 20-minute rule so you can stop-sabotage and live your best life!
Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s SuperCharged Tips taken directly from her book on how to put the breaks on your self-sabotaging ways, harness your own willpower and unlock your true motivation!
Make sure to check out Dr. Judy’s Life Quiz to find out which primary L.I.F.E. factor is getting in your way, as well as other free activities from Dr. Judy’s book!
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
In this episode, Dr. Judy discusses:
1. Is self-sabotage universal? The reward-threat balance (1:35)
2. Welcome Gretchen and Slade! Check-in with this brilliant power duo (3:30)
3. Dr. Judy’s scared straight story (9:35)
4. Procrastination and its hidden roots (14:50)
5. How to start breaking the self-sabotage pattern (18:45)
6. L.I.F.E. Happens! Gretchen’s childhood story (25:30)
7. Gretchen and Slade’s assessment results (30:30)
8. Internalized traditions: Why we’re so hard on ourselves (39:00)
9. Thoughts become things: Our interpretations and why they matter (43:00)
10. The definitive way to deal with negative thoughts (48:30)
11. Your brain is a pharmacy: Slade’s model of mind-body connections and fight-flight triggers (51:10)
12. If/Thens and the secret to everlasting willpower (53:00)
13. Quick tips for unhealthy snacking: Nip it in the bud today! (57:50)
14. SuperCharged Secret of the Day: Six Steps to Stop Self-Sabotage (1:01:45)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices