Welcome back to our LIVE Q&A SERIES on the podcast, where we take the audio from our weekly Instagram sessions. A few of the topics we cover this episode:
- Looking past the conventional victim / aggressor dynamic
- Why radical acceptance of our kids' behavior is the key to growth
- 4 yo constantly hurting 2 yo, 2 yo scared
- We are one of the greatest predictors of kids' future relationship
- "Safety" and how it's not our kids' responsibility- it's ours!
- Toddler hurts the baby constantly- can't be left alone with them
- When it comes to 'doing their best', it's CAN'T, not won't.
- 17 mo has severe separation anxiety
- How we show security even when kids' exact needs aren't met
- 4 yo bounces off walls and won't go to bed
- Sleep challenges ebb + flow, requiring innovation + acceptance
- Understanding kids' unique nervous system is a key to success
- Parent struggles to accept partner who isn't doing "the work"
- Some benefits of therapy in working w/ partner in parenting
- Parent struggling to stay empathetic when exhausted by child
- Grounding techniques to regulate our stress response
- 2.5 yo twins saying "shut up" and "stupid" to each other
- 7 yo constantly disappointed, complains about mom
- Kids' self-awareness begins with parents' awareness
- Why we should give kids the benefit of the doubt
- Toddler screams at top of lungs + triggers parent
- How to align our progressive values w/ our parenting
- Parent is called "the worst mom" from their spirited kid
- What to do when kids hit + bite friends
- 2 + 5 yo can't be left alone without injury
- Our Right From The Start baby course!
Our Right From The Startbaby videocourse and community is now OPEN for enrollment! The course will bring you both the reassurance AND information you need in your baby’s first year to make the decisions that are uniquely right for your family. ✨ No prescribed rules, no perfection to attain… Just the essentials to help you move forward with clarity and confidence.
In nine modules over eight weeks, Right from the Start will help you to:
✔️ Understand what scientific research says about baby’s sleep, attachment, feeding, play and other essential topics
✔️ Know that you’re doing the best you can for your baby’s development
✔️ Find your sense of yourself again (or maintain it if you’re not yet a parent!)
✔️ Let go of the overwhelm and worry that there isn’t enough of you to go around
✔️ Get clear on how to parent your baby with alignment of your greater values
✔️ Find support and strength in a community of like-minded parents and parents-to-be
Not just focused on quick fixes for daily challenges, this course will help you lay the critical groundwork for a lifelong relationship with your child based in trust, collaboration and respect. ✨
If you’re expecting or are the parent of a child under 1, the Right from the Start course is for you.
Click HERE to learn more…
Sliding scale pricing is available, and no-one is turned away for lack of funds. 🌈
Tune in and connect on our LIVE Q&As, every Tuesday AND Thursday at 5PM PST on Instagram. Catch up on past LIVE session on our IGTV tab. As always, we laugh, we cry, we lean in… join us!