In this episode of Revolution Health Radio, Chris Kresser covers some of the most interesting recently published research studies, shares some insights from his clinical practice, and discusses subjects he’s been thinking about lately. Topics covered in this episode include types of medicinal mushrooms and their benefits, the effect of gut microbiota on food cravings, high blood sugar as an indicator of cardiovascular disease risk, causes of and solutions to the prevalence of nutrient deficiencies in the modern diet, and how to apply a pleiotropic lens to the root-cause approach of health transformation.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The healing benefits of medicinal mushrooms
- Types of medicinal mushrooms
- How to get the benefits of medicinal mushrooms
- How our gut microbiota can influence our food cravings
- Combining root cause and pleiotropy approaches to resolving health challenges
- Elevated blood sugar as a precursor to cardiovascular disease
- The prevalence of nutrient deficiencies in the modern diet and how to address them
This episode of Revolution Health Radio is sponsored by LMNT and Paleovalley.
As a member of our community, LMNT has a very special offer for you. Get a free LMNT Recharge Sample Pack when you purchase any LMNT product at DrinkLMNT.com/Kresser.
Paleovalley is also offering our listeners an exclusive offer. Head over to Paleovalley.com/Chris and use the code KRESSER15 to get 15% off your order.