Staying strong during the ebb and flow of SEO
Bonjour mon petite SEO beasts.
Today we’re talking about longevity in SEO.
These days everyone is looking for a quick fix, fast engagement, the dopamine hit of an easy like.
But the truth is that solid SEO strategy takes time.
As I like to say, SEO is for life, not just for Christmas.
It can take a long time to get the needle moving, undo previous bad work and build up authority.
But once you get your SEO firing, the results last a very long time.
I have posts I wrote back in 2009 that still deliver consistent traffic to my site.
And my SEO has weathered the storm for 13 years, through a gazillion algorithm updates, with very little movement.
Our friend Rand Fishkin refers to SEO as a heavy flywheel; difficult to get started, but once it’s going, not so much effort is required.
So today I’m chatting with Alizée about how we ensure our SEO strategy is built for the long term and how to resist reacting to every little change.
Tune in to learn:
- Core SEO pillars and principles that have remained unchanged
- How long it will take to get results from your SEO strategy
- Keywords: should you update them constantly or stick with the same ones
- What your long-term keyword strategy should be
- How to react when a new competitor moves above you in the rankings
- Milestone changes in SEO in the last three years
- Updates in SEO that you should be aware of
- How iteration factors into a solid SEO strategy
- Alizée’s top two tactics to try out today
Head to episode notes: https://therecipeforseosuccess.com/seo-that-lasts-solid-strategies-that-stand-the-test-of-time-with-alizee-baudez-newbie/
Free webinar: Increase your website traffic (and sales)
The Ultimate SEO Checklist
Free SEO Nibbles Course
Sign up for the Recipe for SEO Success Course