Today I’m joined by Jeffrey Madoff, the founder of Madoff Productions, based in New York City.
His company has produced commercials for brands such as Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret, Tiffany, and other big name brands you’ve heard of.
He also teaches a course on creativity at the Parsons School for Design, and that is also today’s topic for the podcast.
I asked Jeffrey, as a creative, how he turns ideas into work of art, how to fuel your creativity, how to make a living off of your ideas, and of course, how he gets stuff done.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 job credit at Indeed.com/tps. Offer is valid thru September 30th, terms and conditions apply.
Thanks also to Amazon Music for supporting The Productivity Show. Try Amazon Music unlimited free for 30 days, just go to amazon.com/tps30.
Thanks also to Masterworks. Sign up and get started with it immediately go to masterworks.io and use the promo code TPS.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/369.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [3:02]
- How did Jeffrey get his start and become who he is today? [8:43]
- What made Jeffrey want to step out of the fashion world and into other pursuits? [12:13]
- How would Jeffrey define “creativity”, as someone who teaches it? [15:20]
- Why don’t people consider themselves creative? [18:56]
- What does Jeffrey think about the idea of forcing creativity? [22:07]
- How does Jeffrey break down creative tasks and accomplishments? [24:35]
- What is something many creatives overlook? [31:45]
- How does Jeffrey organize his thoughts when doing something creative like writing a play? [34:48]
- How does Jeffrey utilize his resources and teams to achieve his goals? [38:37]
- What was Thanh’s process for determining how much to charge clients for his services? [41:57]
- What is “Proof of Concept”? [44:28]
- What does Jeffrey want people to know about his book on making a living through creativity? [46:38]
Connect with Jeffrey:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.