In this week's episode, we teamed up with the legendary Kate Deering to tackle some of the most controversial topics in modern health: hypertension, high cholesterol, depression, diabetes, and heart disease. Is our modern health care system helping us when it comes to understanding & actually treating these conditions, or are we simply managing symptoms? With over 25 years under her belt in the health + fitness industry, Kate Deering is a wealth of knowledge, wisdom, & experience. She has done it all, tried it all, and finally crashed & burned at the age of 38 before discovering Dr. Ray Peat & the goldmine of metabolic health. Suddenly, everything made sense, and her dedication to become an expert on her own physiology led her to write her own masterpiece: How To Heal Your Metabolism. Her book essentially can be summed up as this: your metabolism is the root of your symptoms. Kate offers us her refreshing & honest experience on the highs & lows of her healing journey.
Join us as we sit down & discuss the following:
- Kate's journey with diet culture, fitness, & metabolism
- Modern medicine view of disease vs bioenergetic view of disease
- What "metabolism" really means
- How to assess your metabolism
- High blood pressure: is it really the salt?
- High cholesterol: is it really the saturated fat?
- Depression: is serotonin really the "happy hormone"?
- Diabetes: is it really the sugar?
- Heart disease: again, is saturated fat the enemy?
- How Kate defines health
*Not medical advice. This podcast & episode are for inspirational + educational purposes only*
The Emperor's New Drug: Exploding the Antidepressant Myth
Win At Life episode on diabetes
Unsaturated vegetable oils: toxic
Where to find Kate:
Where to find us:
Restore your metabolism:
Our FREE downloads:
Restore Your Metabolism: Free 5 Step Guide
Metabolic Foods Guide