Today's guest is Elizabeth Day, once again. I know nobody is complaining about that, as her prior episode on Slo Mo
is one of the most downloaded of all time
. And I absolutely adore this woman and she's one of my favorite people in the world. Like last time, we recorded this on Instagram Live, so please forgive any audio issues.
As many of you know, I appeared on Elizabeth's podcast, How to Fail,
earlier in 2020, and the episode was a massive hit. Since that time, she and I have become close friends, and I truly treasure our friendship. Today, we're talking about her new book, Magpie
, which is a must read, and running a special promo for those who pre-order it (see below).
Elizabeth is an author, journalist and broadcaster. Her memoir, How To Fail: Everything I’ve Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong
is a Sunday Times top 5 bestseller and has been described as ‘life-changing’ by critics. Her chart-topping podcast, How To Fail With Elizabeth Day
, is a celebration of the things that haven't gone right and has been nominated for two British Podcast Awards. Her seventh and latest book is Magpie
, available September 2, 2021.
If you pre-order the book
and send a screenshot of the order confirmation to email@example.com, you will enter a sweepstakes to win a signed copy of my books. By the way, this same promotion applies to my new book, Scary Smart
, too, releasing September 30, 2021, but if you can only buy one, I'm totally fine if you go with Magpie
because when Elizabeth is happy, I am happy.
Listen as we discuss:
- Why I'm in Slovenia right now.
- How Elizabeth needs to write to stay sane.
- Writing to find out more about herself and her own experiences.
- Her latest book, Magpie, a psychological thriller already getting rave reviews.
- Politeness in British society and how it makes for suspenseful reading.
- My bet with Elizabeth that her book will be on the charts in the first week.
- The differences between my and Elizabeth's writing styles.
- Our never ending feud about the best romcom of all time.
- A discussion on the meaning of true love.
- Her next, next book, focusing on friendship.
- Ali's continued gifts to the world.
Connect with Elizabeth Day on Instagram @elizabday, Facebook @elizabethdayauthor, on Twitter @elizabday, and on her website, elizabethdayonline.co.uk
Don't forget to subscribe to Slo Mo for new episodes every Sunday. Only with your help can we reach One Billion Happy #onebillionhappy.