Are you going to take the orange pill? Join host Kathleen Jobin and this week's guest, Kathleen’s sister, Jennifer Fountain, on the first ever episode of Never Too Late To Bitcoin. Find out all about Kathleen and Jen’s journey to Bitcoin. Join the discussions on what is money and the process of learning all about Bitcoin.
- It is never too late to Bitcoin. Most people don’t buy Bitcoin as soon as they hear about it, it takes time to do the research and discover the knowledge of what it actually is.
- Understanding final settlements is a way of differentiating e-transfers from digital money
- Money is a technology that humans have put in place and it’s constantly evolving. It's a technology to solve the trade problem. We don’t still use Roman gold coins today. It’s always changing as we develop.
- What is money? It has to be durable, portable, divisible, uniform, acceptable, and there has to be a limited supply. When the currency stops fulfilling these criteria we move in to the next thing.
- Cost of government programs actually hinder people lot more than the help they intend to provide. Because they need to print money to pay for those programs as a result of which everything becomes more expensive
‘Bitcoin needs to come into your life at least 3 times before you decide you buy it’
‘Bitcoin is protected by a decentralized network of nodes and secured by miners that need to do Proof of Work.’
‘In our current system we savor debt’
ABOUT THE HOST
Kathleen Jobin holds an MBA from the University of Sherbrooke. Mother of 4, Kathleen is a hybrid between a businesswoman, a geek and an idealist. After several positions of interest in different firms and industries, such as a developer, scrum master and project manager, Kathleen made a drastic shift in her career in 2019. Diving head first down the bitcoin rabbit hole. She got bitten by the Bitcoin bug. She now teaches Bitcoin and volunteers to set up events that help with the understanding and adoption of Bitcoin. Her mission is to help awaken the masses to the power of Bitcoin.
My twitter handle: @Kathleen_jobin
My email: hello@NeverTooLateToBitcoin.com
To support the show, leave a review on iTunes or even better become a patron
For your first Bitcoin buy, look for a simple exchange. In Canada, I suggest Shakepay. Use my affiliate link to receive $10 with which to buy Bitcoin. Also, by using this link, you will be able to shake your phone every day and earn free sats!
“Money is a technology and Bitcoin is the evolution of this technology.”
As the host of the show, Never Too Late To Bitcoin, Kathleen aims to act as your guiding light down the Bitcoin rabbit hole. Through interviews and chats with knowledgeable guests in every industry impacted by Bitcoin as well as leading thinkers on environmental and societal impacts, she will challenge your preconceived notions of money and Bitcoin.