2017 UNSOLVED Murder from Humboldt State University.
Why David “DJ” Josiah Lawson: DJ or Josiah’s case is extremely sad, not only because his killer still remains at large, but because there is a high chance this was a racially motivated murder. Josiah was a leader on campus, someone his peers looked up to, but when he had an altercation with some students outside of an off-campus party, Josiah was stabbed and left there. Unfortunately, Josiah is not here today to share with us who his killer was, and the local Arcata Police Department has been unsuccessful in bringing justice to his case by capturing his killer for good. We share his story with you to help bring awareness to his case and to ultimately help his family find the person that stole his future.
· Justice for Josiah Website: https://www.justiceforjosiahlawson.com/
· Justice for Josiah Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Public-Figure/Justice-For-David-Josiah-Lawson-138429150033811/
· Inside Higher Ed, “The Murder of David Josiah Lawson”: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/10/05/unsolved-murder-black-student-humboldt-state-raises-many-questions
· KCET, SoCal Connected Podcast, “Who Killed Josiah”: https://www.kcet.org/shows/socal-connected/episodes/who-killed-josiah
· KRCR News, “VIDEO: Juror in Lawson case speaks out, calls grand jury process 'gross failure'” (INTERVIEW FOUND HERE): https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/eureka-local-news/exclusive-lawson-criminal-grand-juror-speaks-out-on-gross-failure-after-no-indictment
· KRCR News, “New investigator joins APD on Lawson murder case”: https://krcrtv.com/archive/new-investigator-joins-apd-on-lawson-murder-case
· KQED News, “Justice for Josiah’ Rallies on CSU Campuses Draw Attention to Black Student's Killing in 2017”: https://www.kqed.org/news/11699191/justice-for-josiah-rallies-on-csu-campuses-draw-attention-to-black-students-killing-in-2017
· Lost Coast Outpost, “DA: Grand Jury Declines to Indict anyone in DJ Lawson case”: https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2019/mar/13/da-grand-jury-declines-indict-anyone-david-josiah/
· Lost Coast Outpost, “Kyle Zoellner, Once Suspected of Homicide in David Josiah Lawson Slaying, Files Claim Against City of Arcata For Defamation, Pain and Suffering, Emotional Distress, More”: https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/oct/27/kyle-zoellner-once-suspected-homicide-david-josiah/
More sources on website: www.victimizedpodcast.com