Twitter API fallout, Section 230, TikTok ban, tech layoffs, AmazonSmile RIP
- Twitter's new developer terms ban third-party clients.
- Twitterrific: End of an Era.
- In Memory of Tweetbot.
- Extremely Hardcore.
- Looming Twitter interest payment leaves Elon Musk with unpalatable options.
- Google has been sued and is involved in a lawsuit over YouTube algorithms.
- Supreme Court allows Reddit mods to anonymously defend Section 230.
- R Street Institute signs onto amicus brief in Gonzalez v. Google.
- Supreme Court Poised to Reconsider Key Tenets of Online Speech.
- India blocks YouTube videos and Twitter posts on BBC Modi documentary.
- As states ban TikTok on government devices, evidence of harm is thin.
- TikTok confirms that its own employees can decide what goes viral.
- How Finland Is Teaching a Generation to Spot Misinformation.
- Google Parent Alphabet to Cut 12,000 Jobs.
- Microsoft set to lay off thousands of employees.
- Microsoft has laid off entire teams behind Virtual, Mixed Reality, and HoloLens.
- Apple Postpones AR/VR Glasses, Plans Cheaper Mixed-Reality Headset (AAPL).
- How Apple Has So Far Avoided Layoffs: Lean Hiring, No Free Lunches.
- Comixology hit hard by Amazon's massive layoffs.
- Inside CNET's AI-powered SEO money machine.
- CNET pauses publishing AI-written stories after disclosure controversy.
- The Lisa: Apple's Most Influential Failure.
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Says Hacker Stole Data for 37 Million Customers.
- AmazonSmile set to close, Amazon announces.
- Former Exec explains why on Reddit.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Patrick Beja, Brianna Wu, and Shoshana Weissmann
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit