Big quarter for big tech, AirTags and privacy, Resident Evil 3 speedrun
- 'A Perfect Positive Storm': Bonkers Dollars for Big Tech.
- EU Charges Apple With App Store Antitrust Violations in Spotify Case.
- Apple Signals Hot Streak to Continue as Sales, Profit Surge.
- Apple releases iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and watchOS 7.4, allowing Apple Watch owners to unlock with Face ID while wearing a mask.
- Apple AirTags could enable domestic abuse in terrifying ways.
- Bitcoin Industry Grapples With Age-Old Problem of Inheritance.
- Warren Buffett's Deputy Calls Bitcoin 'Disgusting' And Bad For Civilization.
- Lossless streaming option for Apple Music may launch within weeks.
- AirTags Are Scarily Good At Tracking Items And ... People. I know Because I Tried!
- Google Earnings Smash Sales Records as Digital Ad Market Booms.
- Apple commits $430 billion in US investments over five years.
- YouTube is a media juggernaut that could soon equal Netflix in revenue.
- Brianna Wu RE3 Speedrun 54m01sec.
- Google's Plan for the Future of Work: Privacy Robots and Balloon Walls.
- Roku removes YouTube TV from the channel store as dispute with Google escalates.
- Amazon's profit soars 220 percent as pandemic drives shopping online.
- Amazon's cloud division reports 32% revenue growth.
- Samsung's new Galaxy Book Pro and Galaxy Book Pro 360 are lightweight laptops with OLED screens.
- Twitter stock plunges on user miss and low guidance.
- What really happened at Basecamp.
- Basecamp Employees Are Leaving After CEO Bans Politics at Work.
- GM rolls out seamless EV charging across multiple networks.
- SpaceX Capsule Returns Four Astronauts Safely to Earth in Nighttime Splashdown.
- In a nod to Trump, Florida is set to ban 'deplatforming' by tech companies.
- Volkswagen investigated by SEC over 'Voltswagen' prank.
- After years as a meme, 'Disaster Girl' takes control of her image — with a hefty payoff.
- Facebook's Oculus, EA, and Respawn Win Game Industry's First Oscar for 'Colette' Documentary Short.
- Verizon tries to sell Yahoo and AOL after spending $9 billion on fallen giants.
- N.Y.P.D. Robot Dog's Run Is Cut Short After Fierce Backlash.
- Deepfake satellite imagery poses a not-so-distant threat, warn geographers.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Brianna Wu, Nate Lanxon, and Tim Stevens
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit