Is Reiki -- the not-so-ancient Japanese energy healing technique by which your psychic empath aunt swears -- a legitimate way to treat ailments like cancer, diabetic neuropathy, anxiety, lactose intolerance, and cooties? Or is it nothing more than a placebo that, at best, might offer you a relaxing way to spend an hour of your day -- and a day of your savings? Here on Skeptical Sunday, it's all hands on deck to discover the truth about the controversial practice of Reiki healing.
Welcome to Skeptical Sunday, a special edition of The Jordan Harbinger Show where Jordan and fact-checker, comedian, and podcast host David C. Smalley break down a topic that you may have never thought about, open things up, and debunk common misconceptions.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/664
On This Week's Skeptical Sunday, We Discuss:
- How "ancient" is the hallowed practice of Reiki healing?
- With over 800 hospitals in the world offering Reiki -- including Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic -- there must be some tangible benefit to this energy healing technique, right?
- What scientific evidence do we have to support the efficacy of Reiki healing?
- How [much] does someone [have to pay to] become a Reiki practitioner?
- What can (and what can't) Reiki do for you?
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter, on Instagram, and on YouTube. If you have something you'd like us to tackle here on Skeptical Sunday, drop Jordan a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know!
- Connect with David at his website, on Twitter, on Instagram, on TikTok, and on YouTube, and make sure to check out The David C. Smalley Podcast here or wherever you enjoy listening to fine podcasts! If you like to get out of your house and catch live comedy, keep an eye on David's tour dates here and text David directly at (424) 306-0798 for tickets when he comes to your town!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here...