If you've ever struggled with fasting, this episode is going to radically change your whole perspective and practice of this powerful practice of the faith. Matthew Leonard is joined by Dr. Jay Richards on the Art of Catholic to discuss a whole new way to approach the topic of fasting.
GET 2 FREE WEEKS of the SCIENCE OF SAINTHOOD! Text SAINT to 66866 (US Only) OR go to
In this episode we'll discuss:
- The critical idea that humans are unique unions of body and soul
- Some differences between Catholic and Protestant fasting (and Matthew's tough lesson on fasting at Denny's Restaurant:)
- Why feasting should play a big role and what it should look like
- How "ketosis" leads to "kenosis" (Yep...you might learn some new words in this episode:)
- What it means to be "metabolically flexible"
- How fasting played a role in the Garden of Eden (and how it relates to heaven)
- How fasting strongly affects your prayer life
PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THE CATHOLIC FAITH BY SUPPORTING THIS CHANNEL & PODCAST!
✈️ 2022 PILGRIMAGES to the HOLY LAND and POLAND/Medjugorje with Matthew https://www.pilgrimages.com/nextlevel/
▶️ Need to kickstart your PRAYER life? Grab 8 Ways to Jumpstart Your Prayer Life at https://www.nextlevelcatholicacademy.com/8-ways-opt-in-box
▶️ Check out Matthew's books at https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Leonard/e/B009VHV3FO