GMRS is a personal radio service that you and your family can use or you. It’s a great time to get your license if you haven’t gotten one already because the FCC last month has dropped the price to $35 for a 10-year license.
What You Need To Know
- GMRS is a family Radio service
- The license covers you and your family, and you can use a single license to talk to each other.
- General Mobile Radio service sits in the UHF spectrum in the United States
- These frequencies are intertwined or even the same as FRS.
- On most frequencies, you can use higher power than FRS users if you are licensed to use GMRS
- You can use your GMRS license to communicate with anyone on FRS.
- GMRS allows you to use Repeaters to extend your range
- Some repeaters are open to all users, others are closed to an organization, while others may be for private use.
- In 2017, the FCC expanded GMRS to allow short data messaging applications, including text messaging and GPS location information, to be sent over GMRS frequencies.
- GMRS is analog and never encrypted give you something you can monitor with any scanner radio on the market
- There are versions of GMRS in many countries so GMRS is not limited to just the US.
🔗 Links from Today's Podcast
==================================== FRS/GMRS Channel Table 01 - 462.5625 02 - 462.5875 03 - 462.6125 04 - 462.6375 05 - 462.6625 06 - 462.6875 07 - 462.7125 08 - 467.5625 09 - 467.5875 10 - 467.6125 11 - 467.6375 12 - 467.6625 13 - 467.6875 14 - 467.7125 15 - 462.5500 16 - 462.5750 17 - 462.6000 18 - 462.6250 19 - 462.6500 20 - 462.6750 21 - 462.7000 22 - 462.7250
🎙 Join our new Scanner Radio Community
Join our FREE Discord server and connect with other Scanner Radio Users!
By using Discord, a free, multi-platform community portal, you can now be part of the Scanner Radio Discussion!
Chat real time, share photos, ask questions, and give feedback to other's in chat.
🎓 Check out our online courses
Our free Software Defined Radio course will have you up and running with a SDR in a weekend.
Upgrade to our Advanced Course, and learn how to setup SDR Software like a pro.
⚠️ I want to answer your questions
I am always looking to answer your scanner radio question.
If you have a question you'd like answered, please leave me a voicemail with your question:
🏆 Thank you Patreon Supporters
Thank you to all monthly Patreon Supporters.
Supporting the podcast can be done for as little as $1 per month.
Supporters at the $3 and $5 level will receive the podcast without the middle commercial break.
Supporters at the $5 level not only receive the podcast early, but they also get access to discount codes, monthly zoom meetings, and Squelchy sticker packs.
🔗 Join our Patreon program at https://www.scannerschool.com/patreon
🎥 Subscribe to our growing YouTube Channel
We are live once a month on YouTube to answer your questions. 2022 will be the year of Video for Scanner School Be ready for the upcoming videos by subscribing now to our YouTube channel
➡️ Follow Scanner School on Social Media
▶︎ Twitter - https://www.scannerschool.com/twitter
▶︎ Facebook Page - https://www.scannerschool.com/facebook
▶︎ Facebook Community - https://www.scannerschool.com/faceboo...
▶︎ Instagram - https://www.scannerschool.com/instagram
▶︎ TikTok - https://www.scannerschool.com/tiktok
All session notes with links to the items we talked about can be found on our website at