Hello Besties! We’re all here because we want to know how to grow our podcasts and today’s episode is a banger in that department. We’re getting a podcast marketing master class from Jeff Umbro of The Podglomerate. He’s going to teach us all about their five tiers of audience development and some case studies for how to apply them. And guess what, Besties? Before Jeff was spending millions on podcast marketing, he got his start as a podcast listening addict and indie podcaster like so many of us.
* Connect with Jeff @podglomerate on Twitter.
* Check out The Podglomerate’s website for more info.
* Sign up for my upcoming workshop, How to Build a “Platform” for Writers Who Shudder at the Thought.
* I’m also teaching a five-week podcasting course through Roadmap Writers, Creating Your Podcast.
Here’s a link to the TRANSCRIPT.
Watch the video version of Jeff’s interview on YouTube.
If you missed the last episode, check out Podcast Like a Motherf*cker with Emily McElwreath (& Cheryl Strayed!).
Sign up for the Podcast Bestie newsletter here: https://podcastbestie.substack.com/welcome
Thanks to Michael Castañeda for mixing and mastering this episode. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram @plasticaudio.
And thank you to Matt Gilhooly for fine-tuning the video and creating the social media assets for this episode. Follow him on Twitter @theliftshiftpod.
A big thanks to our BFFs for sponsoring this episode:
* mowPod is an effective, targeted way to promote your show. It's already trusted by industry giants like Conde Nast, iHeartMedia, and HubSpot Podcast Network, and that's because it works. But mowPod isn’t just for the big guys — mowPod Boost is perfect for indie podcasters. It’s actually been my favorite paid advertising experiment to date, and you can try it for just $100. Plus, if you are a Bestie, you get 10% off with this link: https://boost.mowpod.com/?referrer=podcastbestie. Try it, and let me know what you think!
* Check out the Label Free podcast: Join Deanna Radulescu on her journey welcoming dynamic guests on her show who embody living label free! She connects with entrepreneurs, authors, artists, coaches; all bring tremendous value to her audience. To Live Your Best Life, Live Label Free
* Being successful with podcasts and video is a full-time job that most people don’t have the time or experience to do. Momento is an end-to-end AI video marketing tool that finds your shareable moments, creates beautiful shorts, and even schedules straight to social. Can it do more? Yes! Momento can write high-quality show notes, social posts, tweets, and even jokes from your content. Your first upload is FREE, go see what AI can do with your video!
* Looking for some words of inspiration to kickstart your creative process? Magic Write in Canva Docs is your very own AI text generator to help you get out a first draft, fast. Simply start with a prompt and watch as copy, blog outlines, lists, bio captions, content ideas, brainstorms, and more appear in seconds. Try Magic Write by Canva
If you want to sponsor a future newsletter AND episode, you can purchase your ad spot here.
I’ve also got a FREE promo opportunity for the Besties: Leave a five-star rating with a review on Apple Podcasts, email me a screenshot with your name and the name of your podcast, and you’ll get a free shout-out on the next episode.
Thank you to the following Besties for their reviews:
* Ashley Hamer Pritchard of Taboo Science - Every episode dives into a different societal taboo to understand the science that makes it tick, the reasons we don't talk about it, and the impact that has on society at large.
* Taylor Faust of Sisters Assembled - Two sisters discussing the latest and greatest in Marvel!
* Andi Smiley of The Friendly Podcast Guide - Helping you discover the right podcast by giving you the pertinent details and helping you get a feel for the show in around 10 minutes.
So… ROLL CALL! 🗣
Jeff’s a wealth of podcast marketing wisdom. What was your favorite takeaway?
Follow me @courtneykocak on Twitter and Instagram. For more, check out my website courtneykocak.com.
💸 Wanna advertise on Podcast Bestie? Visit podcastbestie.com/advertise for info about offerings and rates.
Get full access to Podcast Bestie at podcastbestie.substack.com/subscribe