This week on the FiredUp Podcast:
· The GOP has set its sights in restricting citizen access to launch ballot initiatives at the state lev3el. This action is to roadblock efforts by the citizens to get laws enacted that may not align with Republican beliefs – such as voter access, enshrining abortion rights into state constitutions, etc.
· Dallas TX parents are challenging the new law allowing private-funded “In God We Trust” posters, including sending alternate posters that meet the basic requirements of the law but add touches that speak a more inclusive language such as rainbow lettering and subtle stars in the background. Litigation in court is almost certain.
· Also, Jim Crow laws are still alive, 130 years later, with initiatives in Florida and Mississippi as voting access restrictions, poll taxes and other methods of disenfranchising voters (primarily Black) continue to this day.
· More information about the documents seized from Mar-a-Lago under the DOJ search warrant have come to light, including 43 empty folders with classification markers on them. This is causing great concern among Intelligence Agencies wondering what if anything was in those folders.
· It also came to light that The Donald didn’t trust the method of destroying classified documents used by the Pentagon. He resorted to his own methods (remember the clogged toilets?).
· Finally we raise the question, looking back at what transpired in the Julian Assange and Edward Snowden situations, Federal arrest warrants and exile in countries without extradition treaties with the US, what will happen with the Donald?