In this week's episode of Elevating Early Childhood, I discuss something super important: How to write lesson plans!
This is a question I often get from teachers new to working at the preschool level.
So, if you find yourself wondering where to start, or what kind of lesson plan works best for pre-k, don't freak out just yet! I want you to know, you're not alone, and I'm here to help!
And today, I'll be sharing my own lesson plan method with you!
Not only does this method work for all early childhood professionals, it also doesn't require you to have a curriculum!
Wondering how it works?
Tune in now to find out everything you need to know about my six-step method for writing lesson plans!
So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
Need to write a lesson plan? You came to the right place! (00:00)
Six steps to write your lesson plan (02:52)
What if you don't have any assessments? (06:31)
What skills should you be teaching each week? (07:03)
What units of study should you be focusing on? (07:47)
What books do you read for each unit of study? (08:46)
Where to get a lesson plan template (09:36)
How I get it all done before Friday (10:04)
A surprise for you! (12:04)
- Visit our website to find tons of pre-K teaching resources here.
- Get my book “Teach Smarter: Literacy Strategies for Early Childhood Teachers”.
- Learn more about my exclusive mentorship program, “Teaching Trailblazers”.
- Get your Student Assessment Packet here.
- Get your FREE Trailblazer Curriculum Map here.
- More assessment tools for pre-k teachers here.
- Get your FREE Teacher Planner for Preschool here.
- For the editable lesson plan template, click here.
- Get the Pumpkin Lesson Plan Bundle here.
- To check out my premade book lists, click here.
- To buy the Happy Planner Punch, click here.
- To buy the Happy Planner Disks, click here.
- To buy the Rainbow Rolling Cart, click .here
Elevating Early Childhood is an early education podcast dedicated to helping Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten teachers teach better, save time, and live more.
If you enjoy the podcast, please follow, rate, and leave a review on your favorite podcast platform.
Onward & Upward!
Pre-K Pages is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. The word “affiliate” means that we may earn a small commission if/when you click on or make purchases via these links at no additional cost to you.
As a policy, the Company will only affiliate with products, services, consultants or experts that we believe will provide value to our customers and followers.
You recognize that it remains your personal responsibility to investigate whether any affiliate offers are right for you and will benefit you. You will not rely on any recommendation, reference, or information provided by the Company but will instead conduct your own investigation and will rely upon your investigation to decide whether to purchase the affiliate product or service.