On this episode—Kate Waldock's final episode as a co-host of CapitalIsn't—we tackle a crucial question the economics field is facing: what is it going to do about its lack of diversity? To fully investigate this question, Kate and Luigi are joined by a series of guests who each offer a different perspective on why there's a lack of diversity in economics, what the profession is missing because of it, and what can be done to fix it.
- Peter Henry, William R. Berkley Professor of Economics and Business and former dean of NYU’s Stern School of Business
- Lisa Cook, Professor of Economics and International Relations at Michigan State University
- Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman, founder of the Sadie Collective and an emerging economist
- Rohan Williamson, Bolton Sullivan and Thomas A. Dean Chair of International Business and former dean of Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business
- Andres Liberman, Chief Data Officer at Burn to Give
- Luis Lopez, Assistant Professor of Finance at UIC Business School