This Is The Hot Bowga podcast! Where it’s kinda like yoga, but with a bow…and no yoga.
Here's the Latest Episode from This Is Hot Bowga:
This week we talk to Chad at Exodus Outdoor Gear and have a great time. Listen in as we discuss camera placement, thievery, and the ethics of checking out another man's trail camera. Don't miss out on this episode or any future episodes, so make sure to subscribe! You can also check us out on Instagram: @HotBowga Show Notes:
- Introduction to Chad and how he got into hunting
- Why start a trail camera business?
- Common trail camera issues
- Going direct to consumer
- How do you build a camera? Turns out it's kind of complicated
- Does Jared own a cricket?
- Jimmy's too excited to sleep when there's a trail cam out
- Proper photo storage practices
- Do you name your deer?
- Hunting 'Billy The Kid'
- Running trail cameras is a year-long game
- How many cameras does Chad have running right now? Spoiler: it's in the triple digits
- Camera bandits
- Should you check another man's camera? Probably not
- A couple tips on physical placement of the cam
- Talking Jimmy off a ledge when he wants to prematurely check a trail cam
- Common setup mistakes
- Hot Bowga business tips
- Avoiding theft
- Covering the Exodus warranty
- Thanking Chad for taking the time to come talk to us
3rd generation clam digger Ray Rosydar joins Hot Bowga to talk about his production company, Pacific Giants, and his own take on the gutless method. Make sure to subscribe to stay up to date on all our podcast episodes and make sure to also check us out on Instagram: @HotBowgaShow Notes:
- Introductions to Ray and Pacific Giants
- Clam diggin and some Oregon geography
- Being a 3rd Generation clam digger
- What is a Pacific Giant?
- Ray's unique style of elk hunting out west
- Elk hunting vs Turkey hunting
- How Ray hauls out an elk, always in the worst spot
- The Gutless Plus method
- Meat bag or condom, what's the difference?
- Getting real specific on the cut. love the heart but hate the liver
- CWD in whitetail
- Everyone gets a trophy for turkey season in Michigan
- Pack preferences and learning a hard first pack lesson
- Ray not wasting any part of the elk
- Ray's grandma introducting him into the elk hunting lifestyle, a family history
- Michigan elk
- Hunting just for the meat? Ray's not buying it.
- Getting Ray's son ready for an elk hunt
- Thanking Ray for joining us and where to find Pacific Giants
Hey everyone! In today's episode, we were lucky enough to talk to a trad bow expert like Clay Hayes and learn some of his tips and tricks for living the trad bow life. Make sure to take a listen but also subscribe to the channel and check us out on Instagram: @HotBowga to see more of our beautiful faces.
- Jimmy admits to stalking- Trad Bow confidence- Clay Hayes Intro- Growing up with horses, cattle, hunting- Switching from compound to trad bows- Southern hunting, bear hunting- A Hot Bowga foot race- Best bear defenses- Clay's 2018 hunting season recap- Trad bow elk hunting, the struggle- Practice routines to become a trad bow master- How Clay choose his current trad bow, a magical moment- Creating your own trad bow and stump huntin - Clay's survival skills and stayin alive- What even is tradition archery? - Talking pack goats in the west- Thanking Clay for coming on to talk to us
The best advice we've ever received was "don't be an idiot". Before we do anything, we ask ourselves, "would an idiot do this?" If you're new to traditional archery or are looking to level up, don't be an idiot... check out The Push. These guys live the hardcore trad life and were gracious enough to spend some time talking stick bows in this week's podcast. Don't forget to subscribe to This Is Hot Bowga and check us out on Instagram: @HotBowga
- Introductions: just a couple of trad bow guys- How The Push was started...in a barn- Going viral in the hunting community- Building instructional archery courses- Attending archery school online- Surrounding yourself with intelligent hunters- Compounds vs stick bows - Proper release: gloves vs fingers- Build-a-bow- Questions from the Hot Bowga community- Ground hunting vs. tree stand hunting - When hunting rabbits gets extreme- Stumping- Recurve vs Longbow- Is the Push trad hunting the West in 2019? Not really- Broad head preferences- Thanking The Push for talking to us
This week we talk shriveled beach balls and active vs passive scent control with Cole Tanner. We also debate how many Ozonics units are required to cover Jared's stank - prepare to be shocked. If you are looking to cover your scent trail, you won't want to miss this episode! Make sure to subscribe to catch new episode and check out our Instagram page: @HotBowga
This episode we dive into survival and bushcraft. Listen in as Kevin Estela talks some history, using snow as TP, and backcountry hubris. Kevin also discusses his new book "101 Skills You Need To Survive In The Woods" and the need to have a healthy paranoia. Don't miss out and don't forget to subscribe and check out our Instagram Account: @HotBowga
Show Notes:- Kevin's background and teaching some youths
- A history lesson on Mongol civilizations, archery, and the Princess Bride
- Bushcraft and doing more with less
- Living in Philippines jungles and caves
- Crossing a Mexican Dessert with no water or food
- Most useless thing in your back? (a classic)
- How to pick a camp spot
- The benefits of using snow as TP (fresh as a daisy)
- Impressing women/working with people using survival skills
- Being ready for a zombies/healthy paranoia
- Topography readying and back country hubris
- Thanking Kevin for teaching us how to not die and info on Kevin's book.
Have you ever hunted Dall Sheep in Alaska's Brooks Range? Tag has. Last year, Tag joined and then was promptly kicked out of the Wild Sheep Foundation's >1% Club (he tagged out).
This is one of the most fun hunting stories you'll hear so make sure to check it out and don't forget to subscribe to the podcast!
We're also on IG: @HotBowga.
The great Donnie Vincent joins Hot Bowga to talk about hanging with Joe Rogan, being friends with wolves, and other intense stories. We cover a ton of stuff, so take a look at the notes below if you're curious and want to follow along. And if you're really curious, make sure to subscribe and check out our Instagram: @HotBowga
- Being friends with Joe Rogan- spending 5 1/2 months camping in a small yellow tent- Talking wolves of the Arctic Circle
- First time telling a special story with Michael Waddle
- Hunting "Steve" in North Dakota
- Hunting video production and belly scratching squirrels
- Career suicide in creating the new movie, "The Other Side"
- Hunting through experiences and the power of music
- Living the "dream job"
- Trad hunting life and dealing with target panic
- Hunting camo vs the Donnie Vincent flannel
Hey everybody! This episode, we talk with Casey and Kevin from Hill People Gear about hunting new areas, James' photography skillz, fightin' wild fires, and obviously some pack talk. These guys are great so don't miss it!
Don't also miss subscribing to to this podcast right here and checking out our Instagram: @HotBowga
We at HotBowga had the pleasure of talking to Dennis Stokes from Initial Ascent. Dennis was kind enough to discuss this past show season, deterring grizz, and a few stories from hunting in Idaho. This is one you won't want to miss!
You probably also won't want to miss out on our great Instagram content: @hotbowga
Subscribe and rate the podcast to show us your love! We'd really appreciate it.
This week we got to talk with Adam White, the Aussie visionary behind Northern Broadheads. Listen as we discuss hunting in the outback, proper arrow tuning, and wheelie bows.
And if you really want to impress us, subscribe to the podcast, rate us on iTunes, and check out our instagram page: @hotbowga for more awesome content.
This episode, Joe talks 1-1 with Logan from Burris Optics about bow sights, the new range-finding Oracle sight, and lots more.
Check it out and subscribe to hear more of Joe's rich voice, our hilarious banter, and the interesting guests we find along the way.
Also make sure to follow us on Instagra: @HotBowga
Looking to get inspired? Look no further than this conversation with Sidney Smith. Sid is an awesome dude, a killer in the back country, plus he's got one amazing story. Check it out!
This week we talk to Mike Slinkhard, creator of the one and only HECS suit! Listen in to learn about Faraday cages, shark week, and how good it feels to hunt in the HECS invisibility suit.
Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast and check us out on IG: @hotbowga
Listen in as Joe and Brent Hann discuss the medieval-looking killing implements produced by Valkyrie Archery!
Don't forget to subscribe to the Podcast and throw us a 5 star rating. You can also check us out on Instagram at @hotbowga
In this week's podcast, we sit down with Aron Snyder of Kifaru International. We cover Aron's foot care expertise, the trad life, and even compare elk and turkey hunting (try not to get triggered).
As a special bonus, we've invented a drinking game for our listeners. It's pretty simple, just take a shot every time we say "fantastic" in our ads. You won't regret it... or maybe you will. We're not your dad.
Check us out on IG! @HotBowga
On today's episode of Bros & Arrows, Joe talks going direct to customers and what it's like to be a pioneer of the archery industry with Kyle Null of New Breed Archery and BoWorks. Make sure to subscribe to the podcast and check us out on Instagram: @hotbowga
Ever use a llama in the back country? How about one that looks like Janet Reno? Our friends at First Lite have. Listen in to hear about moose hunting, training dogs, and of course, pack llamas. Make sure to check it out on instagram! @hotbowga
This week we strap on the ol bear goggles with the Price Brothers. Listen in to hear how you can be successful in da bear woods. Make sure to also check us out on Instagram: @hotbowga
This is Karl Findling, Karl hunts, makes hunting packs, and leads conservation efforts with the Oregon Hunters Association. Listen in and be like Karl. Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast and rate us on iTunes. Make sure to also check us out on Instagram - @hotbowga
This week we hung out with Jeff Lander, founder of Primitive Outfitting. Listen in as we talk about life as an outfitter, starting a business, and even a little politics. Plus, shots were fired. Check it out!
It's time to get On Point With Garrett Weaver in today's This Is Hot Bowga 8th podcast episode. We sat down with Garrett in late September to cover current season hunting, Garrett's background, hunting tech, Midwest hunting legend Dan Fitzgerald, our most useless gear, and much more. Download the episode, subscribe to the show, rate us 5 stars on iTunes, and follow us on Instagram! (@hotbowga)
Taking the dreaded road trip to the in laws for Thanksgiving? Kill some some time in the car by listening to the first ever Bros & Arrows episode of This Is Hot Bowga. The guys spend some time discussing the season so far, bear hunting tactics, and talk Midwest Triple Trophies. Make sure to also check out our Instagram page: @hotbowga
Are you stoked on bow hunting? Shawn Lutz is. As the national brand manager of Stokerized Stabilizers, Shawn knows a thing or two about archery and balancing your bow. Check this episode out and become a better archer! And human being.
You should be glassing more and walking less. Listen to find out how and why in this week's episode with Brad Gross from Stykra Optics. Make sure to also check us out on Instagram: @hotbowga
Matt McDaid is a true American man. He's a Marine Corps Veteran, entrepreneur, and hunter. Today he joins the Bowga boys to swap manly stories, discuss Section 1776, and talk a little bow hunting.
October 1, 2018 In today's episode, the boys from Hot Bowga sit down with Lee from Seek Outside to answer the age old question: what's in your pack? We talk a little bow hunting, go over how awesome tipi camping is, and answer a few questions from our @hotbowga instagram account.
Kyle Null is a deadly man. As the president and founder of New Breed Archery, he’s responsible for the harvesting of countless game animals... at least indirectly. Listen in to hear his take on archery and the hunting industry
John Eberthart is possibly one of the most accomplished living whitetail deer hunters. He’s got more record bucks than we have digits and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get ‘em. Listen in to hear how you can steal all his secrets and shoot big bucks.
It's Hot Bowga prologue episode time! Have you ever met a Bowgi? Neither have we. We’re not hunting experts and we’re definitely not expert archers... but we like talking about that stuff. Listen in as we kick off This Is Hot Bowga