We’ve been taking the last few weeks here at the Love + Relationships Podcast to highlight the TOP 5 MOST DOWNLOADED EPISODES! Whether you need to re-listen to this episode, or you’ve never heard it before, I know it will challenge and encourage you as it has for so many others! Coming in at #1 most downloaded episode of all time…
How much does physical attraction matter in a relationship?
What if you know someone is really good for you, but you don’t find yourself attracted to them at all?
What if there’s strong attraction, but qualities and traits missing from what you’re looking for?
What if you’re married, and start struggling with physical attraction in your marriage?
Questions about physical attraction are some of the most frequently asked questions I get on my blog.
Because physical attraction is, without a doubt, an important part of a relationship. But have we gotten to a point where our expectations of physical attraction in a relationship are unrealistic?
My Mind Says Yes – My Body Says No?
In today’s episode, I’m having a candid chat about physical attraction with two different guys. First, I’m talking with a young man who is trying to understand how important physical attraction should be in his search for love. I find out that his relationship history has a big part to do with his expectations, and you’ll find out why when you tune in.
After our conversation, I bring on my good friend and prolific relationship author, Gary Thomas. Gary and I dive into some really hot topics about attraction in ways that not many people are talking about, and you’re going to love this candid conversation.
Physical Attraction 101
In this hot-topic episode, we cover:
- 2 IMPORTANT Questions you need to ask yourself to know whether or not you’ve got a healthy understanding of physical attraction.
- The actual definition of attraction and why it matters that you know it.
- We discuss the many different levels of attraction and how attraction is multi-faceted.
- How to prioritize the importance of physical attraction.
- Understanding your typical “type” and when to be open to other options.
- Exploring the things that are influencing your perspective of beauty and physical attraction, and how to control those things.
- Learning whether or not you’re living in “the extremes” and whether or not you have healthy expectations.
- Making sure you have a realistic understanding of who YOU are and your own level of “physical attraction” in the equation of what you’re looking for (yep, I said it).
- The percentage of people who are struggling with attraction in marriage and what to do about it!
- Three things you can do to increase your attraction to your spouse.
- I reveal the one thing I was MOST AFRAID to talk about regarding physical attraction in my book Choosing Marriage.
- The one prayer Gary Thomas prayed in order to continue growing in life long physical attraction toward his wife!
Single, dating, or married this show has something for you. You’re going to love these candid conversations, so grab your notebook, and get ready to write down the nuggets of truth from this fun, honest, and challenging Episode 009 of the Love + Relationships Podcast.
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON iTUNES BY CLICKING HERE
Additional Ways To Listen: STITCHER – SPOTIFY – GOOGLE PLAY – iHEART RADIO
Friends! Get counseling from the comfort of your own home this year! Online professional counseling + Believers in Christ. Get matched with a counselor within 24 hours!!!! Check out Faithful Counseling at http://getfaithful.com/debra — 10% off your first month!! You’re going to be so glad you did!
Love + Relationships Podcast Extras:
For other great episodes of the Love + Relationships Podcast check out:
BOOKS BY DEBRA
Get busy learning what you need to know about healthy singleness, dating, and marriage. Check out Love In Every Season: The Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship, Choosing Marriage: Why It Has To Start With We > Me or True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of Your Life.
(Debra’s New Book: Love In Every Season Order Today!)
And Check out Debra’s Love + Relationships Podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!
DEBRA FILETA is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates, and Love In Every Season. She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships. Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter or book a session with her today!