In this episode Jyoti, Tejal & Jesal explore:
- Tejal & Jesal's experience of yoga growing up in South Asian households in the USA
- The experience of writing their e-book: The Original Godmothers of Yoga
- Why the questions 'what type of yoga do you teach?' is so challenging to answer
- Tejal & Jesal's journey into doing 'all things yoga'
- How yoga is all about relationships
- What Decolonizing Wellness & Decolonizing Yoga means
- The intentions behind their podcast 'Yoga Is Dead' and how it came about
- How we can honour and appreciate yoga
Tejal Patel (she/her) is an Indian-American yoga teacher, community organizer, writer and podcaster offering yoga through a social justice lens. She is a co-host of the Yoga is Dead podcast and founder of the Tejal Yoga teaching space and the abcdyogi village. In all her projects, she aims to empower individuals and communities through relationship building and by acknowledging the cultural roots of yoga.
Jesal Parikh (she/they) is an Indian-American yoga teacher, movement educator, podcaster, author and disrupter working on creative solutions for equity in Yoga. She's co-host of the Yoga is Dead podcast and she offers movement education through a social justice lens. Her mission is to uplift those of us who are feeling isolated and marginalized by the yoga industry.
ABOUT YOGA IS DEAD
Yoga is Dead is a revolutionary team with a podcast that explores power, privilege, fair pay, harassment, race, cultural appropriation and capitalism in the yoga and wellness worlds. Join Indian-American hosts Tejal + Jesal as they expose all the monsters lurking under the yoga mat.
CONNECT WITH JYOTI:
Jyoti (she/her) is the Founder of My Wellness Company, Yoga Teacher and Menstrual Cycle Coach.
View her offerings & free wellness tools: www.mywellnesscompany.co.uk
With special thanks to Hannah Francis who has written & performed the music & song for this podcast
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/jyotichadda/message